Hogwarts, From the Ashes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, From the Ashes

After the last great wizarding war Hogwarts was left in ruins. Now however, like the phoenix it rises from the ashes and life breathes into it a new. Learn to wield the mightiest of magics, take up allies, choose a side, and fight for what you believe in!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The year is 2015 Hogwarts is reopening for the first time, and tensions are high. Will this dream last, or is it doomed to crumble and burn?
Welcome, we are once again active and looking for new members of every kind!
Hello everyone I'm so sorry for my absence, I was very sick for a long time, but I beat the odds and I'm back, with any luck we can get this forum up and running! :

This is a Role Playing Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

This is a Role Playing Forum Empty
PostSubject: This is a Role Playing Forum   This is a Role Playing Forum EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm

As a role playing forum which means that each player (that means you and everyone else who joins) creates a character and assumes the role of their life. What exactly does this mean?

This means that if your character is a student you will be playing through your character's friendships, classes, homework, family life, personal struggles, and the pressures and dangers put upon them from the war. As an adult character you will navigate between social relationships and expectations, career requirements, relationships, and take part in helping your side of the war, if you've chosen one. How do you do that you say?

Well here's an example, the example posts are shorter than true posts like these should be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Helena White, Professor

Helena White was anxious about her first day, she assumed everyone else was as scared as she herself, but Helena just knew that if she made a mistake everyone would notice. Trembling slightly she surveyed the empty classroom one more time. In a way if felt hollow and foreboding as if waiting for her to fail. All at once the room seemed like a sudden gaping maw ready to snap closed and swallow her whole. It was then that a student eased open the door, and stepped over the threshold.

"Hello," Helena smiled, her nervousness dissipating at once. "And welcome to Charms, my name is professor White.
-
Posted by Richard Smith, Ravenclaw

Richard smiled at his teacher and gave a curt nod. After scanning the room with his eyes the Ravenclaw took a seat towards the front of the room, left side. Sighing as he stacked his books on the pine table before him, he secretly wished that the Gryffindor girl from the library wouldn't be in attendance. It wasn't that he didn't like her, she was just a little ...odd. A thought occurred to him then and his hand went up like a shot.
-

The sudden movement caught Helena's eye as a few more students made their way into the room. Helena had to hold back a slight giggle at the earnest expression on the boy's face turned to give him her full attention.

"Yes?" she asked, giving distracted waves of welcome the new comers over her shoulder.
-
Posted by Richard Smith, Ravenclaw

"Will we be needing our wands today?" Richard asked in a hurried breath.
-

"Helena smiled, "No, but please don't forget to take notes."
-
Posted by Samantha Baker, Hufflepuff

Samantha was late, she just knew. Running down the halls with only the thud, thud, thud, of her footfalls to keep her company she held her books in one hand while keeping up her sister's old skirt up with the other. It was just as she rushed into the room that the unfortunate girl tripped and fell over her own feet. Blushing furiously, her chin and pride hurting terribly she picked herself up.
-
Posted by Thomas Brown, Gryffindor

There was a lot of commotion as all of the first years gathered, Tom was enjoying chatting with his new friends when a Hufflepuff girl flew into the room in the worst possible way, landing sprawled out on the floor. The room erupted with laughter.

"What an idiot!" Tom chuckled loudly.
-

"That is enough!" Helena shouted as she tried to calm all of the students down, "Are you alright sweet-heart?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's how you play, anyone can respond to anyone as long as they're in the same location, and this is how you play, tell your story, and interact with everyone else! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://fromtheashes.rpg-board.net

This is a Role Playing Forum
Page 1 of 1